Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Ashlynn!! 7 Years old!!!!!!

Our sweet Ashlynn is 7! Ashlynn Shipley Crockett was born June 27th at 2:20pm aweighing 6 lbs. 13 ozs. and was 19 inches long. I had a pretty good pregnancy with Ashlynn I was very sick for the first 4 months, and then finally got better. I was flying to Arizona it visit family at about 32 weeks & the airport was really busy so our plane circled and circled until we could land. All of the sudden the flight attendant said are you okay, and I said no I think my baby just turned breech. By the way it's not a cozy feeling. So a week later at my ultrasound (despite no one believing me!!) Ashlynn was suddenly breech. They wanted to turn her, but I wanted to wait as long as I could so I wouldn't have an early baby again. So at 2 1/2 weeks early they tried to turn her, my fluid was again to low so she wouldn't turn. So they took me in for a c-section that afternoon. . She was an amazing baby. Amazing , I really took her to the doctor because she cried all morning one day, and she had an ear infection. She was a harder 2 year-old but we later discovered she is very hypoglycemic and needs to eat every few hours (she takes snacks to school still). She wants to be a mommy when she grows up & is always wishing she was a "high schooler" as she calls it. She loves watching movies (Camp Rock is the new Favorite), and she is a great dancer. She is a very quick learner, she's a very sensitive child, and a dreamer. She has been a joy to us since they laid her in our arms. We love you so much Ashes!

2 comments:

Robby and Christy said...

Ashlynn,
You are such a little cutie pie!! Happy Birthday! We had fun celebrating your birthday with you. Love Uncle Robby and Aunt Christy

Shelly Kenison said...

Happy Birthday. Wow how time flies. I remember coming to the hospital with my 3 week old baby and thinking Tanner looked huge next to Ashlynn. Now they both look huge! We can't wait to get together. See you soon.