Ade & I were in seperable while in Elementary School we lived next door to each other from 2nd grade until we were 18!!!! We got together for lunch which was so much fun. We talked for 2 hours and could have talk for a dozen more!!! Thanks for fitting me in on your crazy vacation home for Christmas!!!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Posted by Chelsi at 9:54 PM
Friday, December 26, 2008
Posted by Chelsi at 9:48 PM
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Jaxsyn got her kitchen!
Posted by Chelsi at 9:35 PM
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Christmas Eve became eventful when Ryan took Jaxsyn to the doctor for her ears. It turned out she had pneumonia (well they think so!). We weren't quite sure if they were going to let her come home after 3 hours in the office. But they did!! My mom & Dad came over for dinner and the kids opened their gifts for each other, and decorated cookies for Santa. It was actually quite mellow, nice but different I guess we will find our our new traditions for Christmas Eve. Ryan & I and his brother Gregg had a late night of up till 3am or so. I have to start wrapping earlier next year!
Posted by Chelsi at 9:31 PM
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Posted by Chelsi at 9:27 PM
Posted by Chelsi at 9:25 PM
Monday, December 22, 2008
Posted by Chelsi at 9:22 PM
Sunday, December 21, 2008
This was Ryan's family party. It started with a blizzard so one brother's family (Doug, Heidi , Brittany & Ashley) and one niece Kelsie did not make it to the party. Which led to extra shopping trips to get the gifts needed for the Sub for Santa Family. But after some really yummy pizza and a conversation with Grammy & Grandpa over the Internet (which involved a singing performance by all of "I'm Wishing On A Star" except me who does not sing, but I did laugh!). The 2 older girls (Kira & Sam) got to run and deliver the gifts which was fun for them (you have to be 8 to run the gifts, so the others looked on longing for their turn to come!)! I must mention the sweet 14-year old who opened the door (while we all were hiding) who just saw the food (not the gift cards & gifts!) and yelled "Thanks" into the night brought a tear to my eye! We listened to a story recorded by Grandpa Crockett & opened our small gifts to each other. Then together we watched our year in review video (made by Uncle Gregg, Thanks!) which all the children love watching, and actually sit still for! I love the feeling I get leaving this party we spend so little on each other and so much for a family in need, it helps me remember the true meaning of Christmas. And no gift can fill as much space in my heart as giving!
Here's the (scary) singing, sorry about the lighting. It is short and sweet though!
This started because Ryan's Mom Kathy loves to sing and all the big group calls have included her singing at lest one song. So last time the sister-in-laws sang a song just to be funny, but then at Christmas the kids were all singing their songs from their programs. So Robby started singing This and by the end EVERYONE joined in!!!
Posted by Chelsi at 10:17 AM
We traveled to Colorado for my Mom's Brenner Family party. It was fun to see everyone form all over and get to visit for hours when we rarely see each other. We actually made it between 2 huge winter storms so that was lucky! The kids got to swim in the hotel pool, and see Santa. Thanks so much Joy for hosting the party and feeding ALL of us!
Posted by Chelsi at 8:00 AM
Saturday, December 20, 2008
I wish I knew how to post this but here is the link:
It is a group singing the 12 days of Christmas It is so funny and amazing!
Posted by Chelsi at 3:00 PM
Friday, December 19, 2008
Merry Christmas to all my blogging family & friends! No hobby has brought my such joy as blogging. I have cried, laughed, prayed, shared, and loved with you all so many memories. I have been able to grow closer to those I already knew, reacquaint with those I had lost and learned about those who I have never even met! Thank you for sharing this year with me and my family & for sharing your memories and families with me also! I have been very blessed this year and have the memories written down (blogged & printed) to share with my children for years to come. The next RS meeting on Family History I can actually say done!!!! Wow that's a first! Thanks you guys & love you all tons!!
Posted by Chelsi at 3:11 PM
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Posted by Chelsi at 2:33 PM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Posted by Chelsi at 2:30 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008
Posted by Chelsi at 2:47 PM
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Coleman was quite a wrestler this year and won all of his matches. At his tournament this weekend he won 1st place. He takes his medal with him everywhere and is so proud! Here's a clip of part of one his matches!
Posted by Chelsi at 2:22 PM
Friday, December 12, 2008
As cute as she is she is still 2!!! Jaxsyn in 30 minutes painted her OWN fingernails with nail polish (all of her hands too!). Then she walks in and says "Look Mommy I cut my bangs!". Then I found crackers all over her bedroom smashed onto fake plates and mixed with lip gloss(She made dinner!). Good things she is so cute and says "sorry mommy I pomiss (promise) not to do it again"!
Posted by Chelsi at 2:25 PM
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Posted by Chelsi at 2:19 PM
Okay my sister-in-law were talking about doing the savvy shopping (coupon clipping!) her neighbor does it and was spending the same but her food storage was huge & growing. So Christy started it and taught me how also!! Okay 3 weeks later, I've saved a lot before today, but this was awesome!!
I spent only $39 for all of this!!! I saved $99!!
4- Cinnamon Toast
6- Potato mixes
9- Helper mixes (great for food storage!)
1- Muffin mix
2 of each grands Biscuits & Cinnamon rolls
2- Lg Yogurts!
3- enchilada sauce
4- cookie mixes
Posted by Chelsi at 8:39 AM
Monday, December 8, 2008
Posted by Chelsi at 2:17 PM
Saturday, December 6, 2008
We had a crazy Saturday so we decided to divide and conquer. Ryan & Coleman went to wrestling, Boston's Baptism & Boston's birthday party. The girls & I went to Mya's Baptism & to the Festival of Trees! It was really fun for 3 of the 4 of us, but Jaxsyn was in a crabby mood. My mom, my sister-in-law & I did a Festival of Tree's tree (our 3rd) and the girls really wanted to see it. They have a Kids Village and the girls made decorations and little crafts. It was a really fun day.
Posted by Chelsi at 10:58 AM
Friday, December 5, 2008
Here are a few of us making the dinner for the Christmas Party! Massive amounts of funeral potato's were made that night. I didn't take any pictures of the party because I was doing the party! But it ended up being the best activity, and I was released 2 days later!!!!!!!! Yea!!!
After 3 Christmas Parties, I was done too!!!!
Posted by Chelsi at 11:05 AM
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Alisha I stole this from you!!! I have sooo many things to post, but of course instead I'm going to do a tag, and you'll have to wait for the posts!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper & Bows & Tags!!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real, but a 15' foot tree is not economical every year, maybe in the basement next year!
3. When do you put up the tree? I week before Thanksgiving!
4. When do you take the tree down? The 27th 0r 28th of December.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Mall Madness, diamond earrings !
7. Hardest person to buy for? All Adults!
8. Easiest person to buy for? All Kids!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes,one from our first Christmas, one from St. Maarteen, a Little People one, and I few others scattered about.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but with our blog address for the letter
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? As a kid- the one were the kids go to the North Pole to save Santa Now- Four Christmases heheheh or Any Christmas Flick really!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It varies from year to year. I buy the bigger stuff early, and the finish on Black Friday except for the odds and ends!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but only white elephant ones!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything, love Candy Canes
16. Lights on the tree? Lots & Lots.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary's Song- Amy Grant
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Visit those who live close, but always home Christmas morning.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I think so.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve - PJ's, Christmas book & Brother, sister gifts
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I love it all!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Changes I have Blue Silver & White snowflakes & icicles this year. But I loved my Red whit & green candies last year!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Thanksgiving dinner all over again!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing!!! For real! Just another happy healthy year with my Husband, kids, family, & friends!
Tag your it!
Posted by Chelsi at 1:13 PM