Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Holiday Weekend!

I know Christmas is over but here's the Family parties we had the weekend before!!!


This was Ryan's family party. It started with a blizzard so one brother's family (Doug, Heidi , Brittany & Ashley) and one niece Kelsie did not make it to the party. Which led to extra shopping trips to get the gifts needed for the Sub for Santa Family. But after some really yummy pizza and a conversation with Grammy & Grandpa over the Internet (which involved a singing performance by all of "I'm Wishing On A Star" except me who does not sing, but I did laugh!). The 2 older girls (Kira & Sam) got to run and deliver the gifts which was fun for them (you have to be 8 to run the gifts, so the others looked on longing for their turn to come!)! I must mention the sweet 14-year old who opened the door (while we all were hiding) who just saw the food (not the gift cards & gifts!) and yelled "Thanks" into the night brought a tear to my eye! We listened to a story recorded by Grandpa Crockett & opened our small gifts to each other. Then together we watched our year in review video (made by Uncle Gregg, Thanks!) which all the children love watching, and actually sit still for! I love the feeling I get leaving this party we spend so little on each other and so much for a family in need, it helps me remember the true meaning of Christmas. And no gift can fill as much space in my heart as giving!


Here's the (scary) singing, sorry about the lighting. It is short and sweet though!




This started because Ryan's Mom Kathy loves to sing and all the big group calls have included her singing at lest one song. So last time the sister-in-laws sang a song just to be funny, but then at Christmas the kids were all singing their songs from their programs. So Robby started singing This and by the end EVERYONE joined in!!!


5 comments:

tiffcrockett said...

Who's family is this?!!!!!

Robby and Christy said...

I see a recording contract in the future!!

Dani said...

I love that you do a sub for Santa for your family party. I'm going to suggest that we do that next year with Kirk's family!

Jennifer Parcell said...

Chelsi, you are a great woman of marvelous talent and dedication! I just wanted to thank you for all that you do! Watching my kids,bringing us dinner,teaching how to use coupons,organizing functions,playing settlers of Catan, always bringing a warm smile to a conversation,and for being my friend! Thank You!!!!

nora.lakehurst said...

That is such a Crockett thing to do. LOL Love it. I love how Rob is totally into it. Oh BTW this is Karla Southern. My blogger name is so different.