Friday, June 13, 2008

CooolemmmaN!!!!

This story began about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The neighbor boy Landon, came in and said "Sister Crockett, Coleman cut the tramp!" "What" was my response. I preceded to run outside and found this hole, plus 5 others. I yelled for Coleman, who was hiding knowing he was in trouble. He said it was an accident and they were just jumping with the pocketknife open and he landed on it and it just cut the tramp. For me that was not any better, one of the boys could have lost a eye or cut themselves really badly. I told him that the 5 inches cut was not done by accident and to fess-up or get in more trouble. So he explained it was an accident at first then he and his friend each took a turn. And he cut the big hole. I sent his friends home and told him I was too mad to talk to him so go to your room until dad gets home (3 hours later). He actually stayed there for about 2 hrs. without talking I think he knew I meant business, I was too mad to even yell. We later decided he would have to do a chore everyday for 1 hour to pay back the cost of the tramp. He has to clean our unfinished basement, there are toys everywhere. He's still working on it, which it could have been done in 3 hours if an adult had done it. We had to order a whole new jumping mat and we had just ordered a new tramp pad so $250 later (more than we bought the original tramp for) we have a new trampoline!! The kids plus friends watched Ryan install it for an hour last night and counted down when they could jump again!! It does look good and it is a better quality. I never knew before I had kids, that they can make you more mad then you could ever imagine!! As you can see it still took 2 1/2 weeks until I could even post it on the blog!

5 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

How fun to have a nice new tramp! I will need to get your tramp info when we get there. We need a new pad for ours. I am glad that Coleman is still alive.

kjSmith said...

That was good of you to send him to his room. I'm pretty sure I would have gone aggro, but maybe not. At least you have a nicer tramp now though, huh? We need to ask you questions about your underground tramp.

Robby and Christy said...

It must be a crockett boy thing to radomly act out and destroy costly items. Why can't they just find the biggest piece of crap you own in the house and kick, draw on, hit, stab, and break that?
-christy-

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

Oh boy! I think I wouldn't have done too well in that situation...KIDS ...they really know how to make us mad don't they! Good to know it is all fixed now:)

corrychronicles said...

What a stinker! Good job on biting your tongue, I am pretty sure I would have lost it.