Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day!!


Happy Mother's Day is not really my favorite holiday!! I love celebrating my mom, but when you go to church and hear all the talks from teenagers and husbands on how amazing all their moms are, and I start to feel a little inadequate. I truly hope that my kids will say the same about me when they are teenagers. But for some reason yesterday's Mother's Day was different. It started great with breakfast in bed. Eggo waffles (which I LOVE) & Dr. Pepper (which I love & adore) it made me feel like my family truly knew me & loved me The kids each had made me a present at school & Ryan & I had a deal NO GIFTS! I think the no gifts made the day even better. Ryan changed diapers, did dishes, cleaned up the kitchen, rubbed my feet & back and made me feel very appreciated. Here's a photo of breakfast, as you can tell the kids had just woken up too!

4 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

sounds like a perfect Mothers Day! I am sure your kids will be those teenagers saying all the amazing things about you and will be making other mothers feel inadequate. You really are an amazing mother, and you are raising amazing kids.

Sarah H. said...

I am not a fan of Mother's Day either. I love being pampered a little more on this day, but it does remind me of all my faults as a mom. Looks like you were well taken care of. I love how happy they are to give you breakfast.

BTW thanks for calling yesterday. It's always fun to catch up a little.

Jen B. said...

Ok you know I think you are the best mom ever!! HAppy Mothers Day!! The pic is so cute!! I love that the Dr. Pepper is almost taking center stage!!! LOL

Erickson Fam said...

Wow, sounds like a perfect Mother's Day to me. I'm with you, I tend to feel inadequate when I hear people talk about all the things their mom does. But I think we are harder on ourselves than we need to be. Being a mom is hard work and your children love you so much... I mean, DP for b/fast, how fun is that!?!