Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Anita Stansfield Enrichment Meeting!

Tonight in our ward Anita Stansfield spoke and Patti Jenkins sang. Anita was asked to write Emma's story. The way she spoke of Emma, as if she was her best friend was inspiring. She asked us all to look past the prejudices we might have of Emma, and look to what a great, and strong woman she was. I personally have never had a prejudice to Emma, I've always felt such compassion for her and a longing to be more strong, and faithful when she was tried with so much. The book sounds amazing and I feel I will enjoy the book even more after hearing her speak. One of the many spiritual moments was, when she said that she knew that before she came down to earth she felt she was pre-ordained to write this history of Emma, and everything that has happened in her life was the pathway to this novel. Patti sang a song she wrote to go with the book and the movie, it to was amazing, you could feel she too considers Emma a true friend. Thanks mom for coming and going with me it's always great to get together.

4 comments:

Erickson Fam said...

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful Enrichment Meeting! I too love Emma and will NEVER judge her. She is an amazing women who went through more than I can even imagine.

Sarah H. said...

That is so great that you got to meet her. I will look forward to reading the book. What a special experience.
I don't think anyone could have the strength and courage that Emma had. What an amazing woman she was.

Jenni said...

What a great night that must have been! Anita uses Don's dad as her "psychology consultant" for her books, so he gets the first copies and we all take turns reading them. She's an amazing author. She's also like my third cousin once removed or something! LOL.

Shelly Kenison said...

What a cool experience. I have always been amazed by Emma. Her courage to endure gives me strength.