Sunday, July 13, 2008

The story how we met 11 years ago...Today!

Ryan's side of the story:

I saw her and wanted her and got her. It was on July 5th the last Sunday that I was going to attend the ward. I even debated whether I was even going to go or not. I went and as I was sitting there with one of my best friends Brad Poduska I saw the true meaning of HOT. Chelsi walk into the room and I was pretty much speechless. I kept on looking at her all through church and I didn't care if she noticed.
The Next Sunday the 13th I continued on with the staring. I even made her mess up while singing the sacrament hymn. Chelsi looked over and I just stared at her and she go all giddy and lost her place.
I really wanted to talk to her that day but I did not have the guts to do it. I was walking right behind her enjoying her hour glass body and just wanted to put my arms and her waist. As I was walking behind her, she knew I was there and she stopped and turned around and said HI. Being the cool stud that I was I looked right back at her and said HI back with my voice cracking and then turned and walked away.
I never went to ward stare (prayer) on Sunday evenings at the Alta apartments, but that night I did for one purpose... to put my arms around that waist. I mean to meet this Hottie of a girl. During ward stare I did just that I stared at Chelsi during the whole meeting. At the end of ward prayer I found my opportunity to go speak to the mystery Hottie and this was our first real conversation that led to many, many more to come.

Chelsi's side of the story...
I wasn't going to go to 9:00 sacrament meeting just to Sunday school. But my roommate Jody, pulled me out of bed. When I got there I saw Ryan for the 1st time. He was looking good in his goatee and tan body. I did notice that he kept staring at me, but I didn't see him again until the next Sunday the 13th of July. And yes, I did lose my place singing!
Ryan was behind me, and I did know it. He said "good job" to my roommate who sang in sacrament. So I turned around and said "Hi" and he said "Hi" & ran away. I arrived all decked out to ward prayer, and he was there. My friend Jody said "oh my gosh, he's still looking at you" every 2 minutes. He's lucky I was attracted to stalkers!! Anyhow we talked that night, and found up we grew-up in the area, and that our families were in the same stake. The next night after FHE he followed me home, drank part of my Dr. Pepper (anyone who knows me , knows that's huge!), and held my hand. And I was smitten.
Just to sum up our story, by the 23rd of July we both knew we would marry each other.
On the 24th of July we said "I Love You".
On the 26th of July we chose a wedding date (count them 13 days).
We officially became engaged on the 18th of August.
And 11 years later this is us!
Bowhunt August 2007

9 comments:

Erickson Fam said...

That was a really funny post! I love hearing both sides to the story. Wow ~ fast engagement, but when it's right - it's right!

(You shared your DP, I know how big that is!)

Jen B. said...

That is so cute!!! I actually have tears in my eyes!!! Ahhhhh.

Jen B. said...

P.S. Just for fun, you should post an engagement picture.

Nikki Moshier said...

I love your blog! so cute! and your kids are adorable! You have such a cute family Chelsi!

Lacie said...

I love the stories, I had heard part of yours before but never his. They are both seriously funny "I was smitten" lol You read my mind I was about to count the days, you guys don't waste any time.

Sarah H. said...

I don't think I have ever heard that story. It's good to hear both sides and that they both match the other's story. I can't believe it's been 11 years already. So fun to read.

corrychronicles said...

What a fun love story, doesn't time go by so fast.

Dani said...

I remembered it being fast, but I didn't remember it being that fast!! Wow. I'll just echo the comment above... when it's right, it's right! It's obvious to see how happy you two are. It makes me smile!

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

I know I am blog slacking a little but, I got a kick out of this post! I can't believe it was that fast either WOW!! You guys make a great couple though:)