Thursday, July 24, 2008

R.I.P. old washer & dryer!

I know I should be sad that my washer stopped working, but I wasn't too sad, although it was the first purchase we made for our first apartment almost 11 years ago. I have been wanting a new set because it took 2 hours to dry a load of laundry, 3 hours if it was towels or jeans. But they were still working, so we didn't need them. Well the washer broke on Tuesday so we needed a new one. I found a set on sale at RC Willey's for a good deal with the pedestals included, if I got white. I was so excited and here they are!! Seriously less than 60 minutes to dry a load of towels. Yipee!

7 comments:

Holly said...

I totally love that washer and dryer. The one I want for my house someday is the bright red ones. I think they are so cute...if a washer and dryer can be cure?

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

Congrats....You gotta love when the old ones quit and you have no choice but to buy the really nice front loaders:) That is definitely exciting!

Robby and Christy said...

Those are some stylish looking machines. I know what you mean when you say if it still works you feel bad getting rid of it. Even though my nasty carpet technically still works sometimes it takes all the strength I have not to light it on fire just so I have a reason to get new stuff.

Shelly Kenison said...

It is sad that as soon as I saw your new washer and dryer I thought SWEET! Seriously what has the world come to that we get excited about laundry equipment? Congrats on the new purchase I really do think it is pretty awesome!!!

Lacie said...

Jealous!! I am waiting for the same thing. About a month ago my washer leaked everywhere but Eddie flipped it over tightened some stuff and now it's ok. I was secretly wishing it would leak again:( My dryer also sucks:(

Jen B. said...

I really enjoy washing my clothes by hand in the tub then, I hang them outside to dry. I don't find a need for such fancy things.

corrychronicles said...

Those are pretty fancy, do you like the front loader?