Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Engagement!

Ryan and I got engaged on August 18th, 1997. The day before Ryan's aunt had said she wan't to come visit me at work and I ssaid oh that's okay I'll just see you that night. And she said no I have to meet you before my nephew proposes, so I knew it would be that day August 19th. I told Ryan what she said and then he decided to change it and surprise me. He callled his friend Brad and said there's money on the bed I need the Bed of Roses soundtrack and a dozen Fire & Ice roses and one red rose. Take it up to your cabin and I will get her there. So that night after he got off the phone with his friend he came to my parents house for dinner. I was just finishing getting ready and I said "I'm just putting a ponytail in my hair, we aren't doing anything tonight" he begged me to do my hair so I did. When dinner was done he said Brad just called and he needed our help at his cabin, I was mad I really just wanted to do nothing that night. So I reluctantly got in the car and up the canyon we went. When we got there I saw his friends car, which also made me mad because we were supposed to be helping bring the benches down from the cabin. So we start walking in and the lights are of and I hear our song "Independent Love Song" was playing. I got scared and didn't really want to walk out there. When got almost there and we see his friend run past us saying "crap" he was supposed to be gone. There were candles and rose (Minuet roses) with the ring tied to the red one. Ryan asked me to be the mother of his children and marry him. I can't remember exactly and I said yes then he was shaking so bad he dropped the ring. It landed on a slat and didn't fall into the weeds below. we kissed and had some sparkling cider and went home to tell our parents.

0 comments: