Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jaxsyn Kate is 2!


Jaxsyn I can not believe you are two! I wish everyday that you will stop growing up! Here is another long story (we don't have non-dramatic birth's)!
After having 3 kids in 3 years we were done! We did not want to do the NICU thing again and we had our hands full. So we decided to make the idea permanent, the night after I called the doctor I had a dream that I had a child missing, everyone kept asking what the child looked like but I couldn't tell anyone what it looked like. In the dream every time I looked around my 3 kids were sitting right there in a row and I kept saying "one is missing". So I canceled the consultation, and we decided to wait a couple of years. A year later we called, but the surgery would cost us too much at the time. The next year Ryan said "call and make the appointment we are done", I didn't call. A month later I knew for sure we were not done, and there was one more. I told Ryan and he said "Nope we are done". So instead of pressing the issue I decided that when it was time he would know also. A few months later he told his brother "unless an angel comes down and says you have to have one more child, I am done". Low and behold we went to the temple that week to pray about if we should continue the move to Spanish Fork, and (no an angel did not come down!), but Ryan just kept feeling ask about a baby so he did and instantly he knew we had one more! On the way out of the temple he said well here's the 2 answers I received, yes we should move to Spanish Fork & we are supposed to have another baby. I said "I know, I've known for months!"
So after moving into our home Nov 25, 2005 we decided to start trying, on January 9,2006 the pregnancy test was positive!!! I knew within a week it was a girl (I started puking, and puking, puking!) I was really sick and I'll I could keep down was Dr.Pepper & Skittles! I finally started feeling better in May. For 2 months it was great I wasn't to big and was so excited to have another baby girl (we found out in May!) We loved the name Jackson Karl for a boy and the middle name Kate for a girl. The name Jackson felt so right I was worried it might be a boy, and we would have to have another. But it was a girl and the name Jaxsyn Kate stuck (Ryan really gave me no choice, he loved it!!!)
At 32 weeks I went in to my ultrasound to check the baby & measure my fluid. The longer the tech took the more I knew there wasn't much fluid. I asked "Your looking for fluid,right" She looked shocked and I said "I've done this before, how much have you found?" This means nothing to most of you but she could only find up to a 4 (they measure the pockets of fluid). I was shocked that was really low, I delivered Sam at a 4, but only four weeks early. So the doctor came in and put me on bed rest. I had to go to the hospital and get steroid shots. Then I went to the doctor or hospital every 3 days to monitor the baby and have an ultrasound (about 2-3 hours each time!)
After 5 weeks of that, Jaxsyn was born 3 weeks early.
Jaxsyn Kate Crockett was born on August 30th, 2006 at 7:25 am weighing 6lbs. 15oz. she had a head of curly brown hair! She has been a mommy's girl since birth, her heart would race every time they took her away from me, so I told them I would just keep her. She laid with me when they took her vitals, because she would freak out every time they took her away.
We (all 5 of us) are truly so attached to her, she has been a huge blessing to our family. We talk all of the time how something would be missing in out family if we would have never had her. She is a breathe of fresh air to me and I have enjoyed every moment of her life. Jaxsyn is a hoot, she loves babies, nursery, both sets of grandparents, her mommy & daddy, and brother and sisters. She is truly just a joy!

9 comments:

Lacie said...

I love your stories! You know sometimes you see a big post and say no thanks but with yours I get excited everytime. I think Jaxsyn is the cutest little girl ever.

Adrienne said...

Jaxsyn IS ridiculously cute, and maybe I'm wrong, but seems to have a whole lotta Chels in her. Adorable, funny, into everything, and way loving. YOU are such a tough cookie with your babes. (Is "cute" a good enough word for Jaxsyn? It seems to fall a little short!!)

Shelly Kenison said...

Happy Birthday Jaxsyn you certainly are one dang cute baby!!!

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

I love to hear your stories...I can't believe the details that you remember about each one that is great! She is such a cute little girl, I can't believe she is TWO already!

Dani said...

Wow, another crazy story! Thanks for sharing, and Happy Birthday Jaxsyn (love her name by the way)!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Happy Birthday Jaxsyn! You're such a cutie just like your entire family! We love you!

Robby and Christy said...

Ah, Little Jaxsyn Kate. I love her little raspy voice! Happy Birthday cutie!

Amy's Blog said...

All your kids are pretty as a picture! Adorable. Congrats on having such a cute, fun family!!

Joshua and Tara said...

I loved reading her story! She is a special little girl...there is something about her! And so cute too!