Sunday, August 17, 2008

Coleman's 6!!!!

Our big surprise Coleman has been a blessing since he was born. Here is his story (long story!), which we have told many times because it was such a miracle, but now it is written for posterity. We found out we were pregnant on New Year's Day, our baby Ashlynn was 6 months old! SURPRISED was an under statment. Thankfully I had agreat pregnancy and was not sick at all. I even had plenty of fluid! On August 16th I was almost 36 weeks pregnant, Ryan was helping my dad pack-up for the bow hunt, I was upstairs with my mom and I said "I feel like this baby is coming today, and he's not ready." I thought nothing of it until 2 minutes later were all heading down the stairs, I was carrying Ashlynn and my mom said "Let me hold her the last thing you need is to carry her down the stairs." Three stairs later I fell from the landing down 4 stairs landing at the bottom. I didn't hit the baby just my hands & knees, I thought I was fine. We went home and I laid down to rest, then Ryan's mom came to hel seal our wood floor. I left to get lunch for the kids, I wasn't aloud in the house (fumes), while driving I prayed to ask if I should call the doctor. The answer was "YES". I continued to think I was fine and overreacting and decided not to call. There has been only a few times in my life where the Spirit has actually yelled at me, this was one of those times, CALL THE DOCTOR kept coming through my head. When I returned home I did just that, they told me to come right down. I went to the office and they said with your blood type (0-) you have to have a test done at the hospital. I picked up Ryan who happened to have the day off and left the kids with his mom who also happened to have the day off.
I had the test done and it came out fine and the nurse said "We have to have the doctor check this and you will be on your way.". About 10 minutes later she came back and said "The doctor will be coming to talk to you, but he want's to keep you over night." She couldn't even tell us why, but the doctor came in and said "Coleman's heart beat is completly stopping every 10-15 seconds, so I want to keep you on a monitor for awhile to see if it's just stress." Wow we were surprized during this time frame my mom called my dad's new truck had broken down this morning on his way to Fishlake so she was on her way home form picking him up, he was going to get a loner truck tomorrow and continue on his way for the hunt.
The next morning the nurse came in and said "The doctor will be in anytime, I'm sure you are going home the baby is looking great." My mom called to say my dad was back on the road, and I said I should be home in the afternoon. 3Hours later I was pissed still in the hospital, wanting to go home. The doctor comes in and says we need to do an amniocintesis if it says the baby's ready we are taking him out, he's heart is still not doing great. If he's not ready I will be staying in the hospital for the week because he thinks my baby may die if I go home. Ryan & I were tough and then the doctor left and we cried, scared that we would lose our first son. I called my mom and told her the update, she preceded to tell me that my dad's loner truck had broken down within sight of the other broken down truck, and she was heading to pick him up and bring him home. She said she would be back in cell service in a few hours call her with the update.
After the amnio the doctor came in and said "he's right on the fence you two need to decided if we have the baby or wait", a decision you think would be very hard but after he doctor walked out we said a prayer and the answer was a huge "TODAY". We told the doctor and he scheduled it for 11:00 pm. that night. I called my mom and told her the news, and she said they were close so they would come to the hospital when they got into Orem.
My dad was saying "Coleman just really wanted him to be there so he broke down 2 trucks to get him home."

On August 17th, 2002 at 11:17 pm Coleman Ryan Crockett came into the world, 7lbs. 6 ozs. he was huge for a month early, the attending doctor said you guys got the due date wrong he's right on time. And then we got the answer of why his heart was having problems. The cord was around his neck causing his heart to stop beating whenever he moved around, he would have died before my next doctor's appointment. I truly tell my kids that my guardian angel my Grandpa Hirst pushed me down the stairs, so Coleman would make it here.
Coleman's dramatic story does not end there, he was not ready to come and had to be put on ventilator and life flighted (by ambulance) to a bigger hospital. But he powered through it all and only stayed in the NICU for 5 days and then he came home.
Coleman is our rare illness guy, if we take this kid to the doctor with a problem it's usually one they remembered it being mentioned in medical school, and they have to look it up in text book. But he is a joy in our life. If you must have only one boy Coleman's the one to have he loves all sports and is good at most of them, he can play outside forever, and is just all boy. He learned to ride a bike at 3 1/2 years old. He is great and we love him!

13 comments:

Lynzi said...

That story is amazing. Doesn't it make you feel good to know that someone's watching out for you even if it includes pushing you down the stairs? :) I am a firm believer that there are no "accidents." Happy Birthday Kiddo!

Lacie said...

I had to wipe my face like 3 times to finish this story. I knew he came early but not in so much detail. Happy Birhtday Coleman!!

corrychronicles said...

What a great story, you will probably be happy to have that one finally on paper. Happy B-Day Coleman.

corrychronicles said...

What a great story, you will probably be happy to have that one finally on paper. Happy B-Day Coleman.

corrychronicles said...

What a great story, you will probably be happy to have that one finally on paper. Happy B-Day Coleman.

corrychronicles said...

What a great story, you will probably be happy to have that one finally on paper. Happy B-Day Coleman.

corrychronicles said...

What a great story, you will probably be happy to have that one finally on paper. Happy B-Day Coleman.

Lacie said...

WOW MaryJean really wanted to make sure you read that. hehehehe:)

Adrienne said...

I love reading things that make me cry in a good way -- I am SO glad you told the whole story! I didn't know all the details either -- what a miracle. And thank heavens you are who YOU are, and can get hit over the head with the spirit when needs be! :) So cool, Chels.

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

WOW..that is an amazing story! I have never heard the whole story, what a sweet little miracle he is:)

Jen B. said...

makes me so thankful for all the blessings we have!! Thanks for sharing! Happy Brithday Coleman!

Robby and Christy said...

Man time flies! I remember Rob,Porter, and I watching your ceasaran. That was a stressful day!

Anne Holdaway said...

Wow, Chelsi, I'm sure this story was told to me by Kathy, but I didn't remember everything. Isn't it incredible how the Spirit works with mommy's. I have also realized that there are no accidents in life, everything happens for a purpose, so I'm sure you were pushed because how else would Coleman "come today" like you heard in your mind, you had no idea the gravity of his situation, but Heavenly Father did and Coleman had a mission to perform and he wasn't even started yet. How cool to know this now, I will keep track of him a little more now. I have had the same yelling from the Spirit many times in my life, for the sake of my children and what a gift. He is an adorable young man and was one of the very hugs-a-lot children at Meg's party which was loved by me. Thank you for taking the time to type out this amazing story. Love you, Annie