Monday, April 21, 2008

Bean Jar Rewards!


For a reward system for our kids they each got a jar. Everyday they started the day with 25 beans, and if they didn't do what was expected of them they lost beans. When they filled their bean jar they got their reward. Samantha wanted a date with mom & dad! She got a date with mom we had dinner at PF Chaings and we went shopping for swimsuits for everyone! Ashlynn wanted a pedicure! Coleman wanted a pocket knife (scary I know). Jaxsyn didn't get anything, but is looking cute wearing one of the girls old nightgowns, it's a little big but she's been asking to wear it for weeks! As I type this I realize my kids think they are older then they are! All of them, even the baby! By the way this reward system is a lot of work everyday, I think I need to think of another type of system. I always just guess how many beans they lost that day!

4 comments:

Lacie said...

They all look so happy! Your a great mom!

Shelly Kenison said...

what a fun idea to reward your kids that way. they all look so happy with their rewards. once again you top the mom charts! We all have so much to live up to.

Jen B. said...

Ya I have tried the bean thing, It is alot of work and we never have been able to make it last. so if you figure out a way let me know!!

Dani said...

We do a very similar thing, but instead of beans, we use "dollars". It's just tickets about the size of a dollar, and each of the kids look a little different so they can't claim someone else's. At the end of the month they change them in for real dollars for their allowance. It's worked pretty good for us!