Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall has arrived!

When I was growing up my Grandparents had an apple orchard. Over the years it has gotten smaller and smaller, right before my Grandpa died he sold the majority and left only a dozen or so trees. But every year since I can remember I have helped picked apples in the fall. Apples are one thing that reminds me so much of my Grandpa Hirst, I loved him so much and still miss him after the 11 years that he has been gone. He was an amazing cook, he taught me the love of cooking. We always made fresh apple pie together in the fall. Luckily my kids have my dad who is equally as great as his dad. He makes pies with my kids every fall, with the apples they have helped pick.

2 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

Yum those apples look so good. I can't wait to taste some home made pie!

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

How Fun:) Homemade apple pie sounds DELICIOUS! Great...now I am craving something I have NEVER made before hahaha!