Thursday, September 11, 2008

Camping in the Cold!

We went camping up Fairview Canyon over Labor Day weekend. The kids love going there and have so much fun! Those who don't know my family well, when we say camping I mean camping. Tents in the middle of a forest, real campfires, no showers or toilets, just good dirty camping. This is always fine and dandy until it rains! Or until it rains, and rains, and rains, and then starts to snow. When you all were sitting in your warm homes during that monsoon weekend we were camping! We had a lot of fun non the less. It was dry during the day it just rained at night, but the 2nd night our tent flooded and EVERYTHING got wet. 1- Jaxsyn just playing with dirt.
2-My dad (this trip truly is one of his joys in life) & Samantha
3-Ashlynn & Beau (the kids only see each other on this trip and they instantly are great friends!)
4- Samantha & Sydney (I swear i took a photo of Coleman & Brock but I guess I didn't!)
5-Jaxsyn's friend for the weekends 4wheeling ( Ryan & I were trying to get her to sleep!)
6- Jaxsyn in her helmet, she couldn't even hold her head up.
7- Jaxsyn turned 2 while we were camping.
8- Jaxsyn blowing out her candles.
9- This is what we woke up to the last morning. Beautiful but chilly.
By the way I love all my children, but they were busy this weekend building a fort in the trees. Really all day long, and then they collected wood 1/2 of another day! It amazing what kids can do with a imagination and a forest!
Okay I found the other pictures!

1- Coleman & Brock 2- Jaxsyn SOOOOO dirty! 3- The entrance to their fort. 4- The kitchen sink (white rocks) the towels rack above it!

1 comments:

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

WOW...you wouldn't catch me in a tent with all my kids in that kind of weather...you are a TRUE camper! I bet they had such a fun time! I Love all the cute pictures:)