Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sam's Black eye!


Sam is trying to make her eye look more swollen then it was because she thinks it is cool.
This morning I was curling sam's hair for church and she said I am hungry. I said what did you eat for breakfast? Nothing. I say, Well dad is cooking lunch right now let's finish your hair and then you can eat. ( It was only 10:30m)
Mom, I think I'm going to throw up...(she leans forward into the sink to throw-up). I am not worried she has a very sensitive stomach and any amount of stress or lack of food make's her throw-up. She all of the sudden she passes out!! I catch her and scream for Ryan (her hair is in the curling iron still!) I get out the curling iron and get her to the floor where she wakes up only a few seconds later (okay I was mildly freaking out!). We get her a drink and sit her up and notice her eye swollen & black. She hit it on the facet when she passed out!!! She recovered after throwing-up and drinking some soda and getting a little food.
She is very proud of her black eye none the less.

10 comments:

KathiG said...

Bless her heart. That's scary. Have you had her blood sugar checked? This doesn't sound normal, Chels.

Lacie said...

I would have freaked out.

Amy's Blog said...

Poor thing!! You should definitely have her blood sugar checked. Those big swings in blood sugar level can lead to diabetes. I would have freaked out too!!

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

That is scary! I think I would have freaked out a bit as well!

Chelsi said...

We all (except Coleman) have hypoglycemia in our family. All of us are a different degree. Ashlynn is really bad. But we do get their blood sugar checked once a year. Sam is also great at passing out and getting sick when she sees blood. I think we just have a fainter!!!

Chelsi said...

We all (except Coleman) have hypoglycemia in our family. All of us are a different degree. Ashlynn is really bad. But we do get their blood sugar checked once a year. Sam is also great at passing out and getting sick when she sees blood. I think we just have a fainter!!!

Adrienne said...

What the what? Poor kid!! I'd forgotten you're hypoglycemic, but it totally makes sense. When you crash, you CRASH, right? (Okay, I didn't mean to make that bad pun)
But at least she looks tuff now, right? I don't think there's any way to handle your kid passing out other than freaking, btw!

Grandma said...

Sorry you and your kids have a blood sugar problem, but I know how that goes.
We enjoyed having your mom down in the sun, but now she's back in the snow. You need to come to Ariz and enjoy the sun.
Your mom says Sam's is worse now. Post more pix.
Love Grandma Brenner

Dani said...

Scary! I only have one passing out story with our kids. Braden passed out once a couple of years ago and it TOTALLY freaked me out! The first thing I thought of while reading this was blood sugar too, but it sounds like you are on top of it.

Also, in catching up on your other posts... Love your basement! What a fun theater room! We are putting in a home theater sometime in the next couple of months too, but we don't have a designated, separate room for one like you do. We just have to put it in the downstairs family room. Yours looks great!

Jennifer Parcell said...

OHHH that is terrible! I am sorry that she and you had to go throught that! I am lol that she loves her war wound! THats great! I guess in the future when she says she is hungry , you will jump on it! Or else!!!