Thursday, February 5, 2009

How to save money the embarrassing way!

Steps:
#1 Go shopping (with coupons of course!)
#2 Start checking out.
#3 Have the cashier give you a total.
#4 Grab your wallet to pay and find that your debit card is gone.
#5 Ask your two year old who had been playing with your wallet "did you take mommy's credit card?" Her answer "Yep I borrowed it, I wanted to play with it." Where did you put it? "In my kitchen in my bedroom!" What color is it? "Brown" she was right, I was just making sure she really took it!
#6 Dig in your purse to find 2 dollars to pay your bill without having to put 1.76 on your credit card. I did have a gift card to cover the other $40 that's why the total was so small.
The cashier was a man who did not find this funny, like any woman would have.
We got home and Jaxsyn walked right upstairs and grabbed the card out of her room. It was so funny & cute!!!

9 comments:

Lacie said...

I would have had to leave everything, I don't carry ANY money. Good thing you had that gift card.

corrychronicles said...

I would agree with Lacie, I would have been walking right out the door and been really embarrassed. Thanks heavens for that gift card.

Adrienne said...

Um, right there with everyone else as one time I had to leave my ENTIRE cart at Wally world, and they nicely put the whole thing in some refrigeration unit till I could come back. Apparently, a lot of us leave our brains at home with our cards in KS. :)

Jennifer Parcell said...

I say we go hunt that guy down and kick him where it counts! What a jerk! THere is a very unpleasant feeling when this happens and it only adds insult to injury when the checker is a jerk! Plus you are so nice and I am sure that you apologized like 20 times. He needs to learn a lesson and just to be hurt for no other reason!!!!!

Jennifer Parcell said...

I say we go hunt that guy down and kick him where it counts! What a jerk! THere is a very unpleasant feeling when this happens and it only adds insult to injury when the checker is a jerk! Plus you are so nice and I am sure that you apologized like 20 times. He needs to learn a lesson and just to be hurt for no other reason!!!!!

Jennifer Parcell said...

SOrry about the double comment! That guy just really makes me mad! hehehehe

KathiG said...

Just out of curiostiy, how much would the groceries have cost without the coupons? You amaze me, Chelsi, in the amount of items you purchase and are able to save so much. The most I've ever been able to save has been about 10 dollars. I don't always use coupons, cause I can always find store brands or off-brands cheaper even more than with coupons.

Jen B. said...

Parcell, you have made yourself clear, perhaps you should seek Anger management classes.....

Jennifer Parcell said...

Ya I would concur!But really that checker guy really made me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!! Breath,breath,breath............... ok sorry it's all good!